Monday, March 7, 2016

Oliver Sacks Reading List.

There's many things to hate about Borders not existing any longer. A big one for me is that my "I met him/her/them once" list is now finite.
I met Oliver Sacks once. Sold him a copy of his own book at the Michigan Ave store in Chicago. He was doing a reading at Barnes & Noble & had forgotten his copy. He liked us better so he was buying it there. Very funny to talk to.
I probably won't ever work my way through all these titles, but it's a nice reference if I'm looking for a suggestion.
I loved that. Not just the famous people, but talking to people about what they enjoyed & didn't & why.
Getting a recommendation that turns out to be a life changer. And I don't know if Jamie Lee Curtis ever read "Time With Children" but she made me write it down so she could try.
I miss people that loved working with books.


Here's the link to the list, via BrainPickings:

The Life of the Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment