Sunday, October 2, 2011

It takes all the fun out of meeting Sean Watkins when you can't call & tell anyone..

Because it's Sunday & no one is answering the phone. football fans. boo. Well, maybe not all the fun because I'm pretty happy about it.
But I really did! I'm sitting on the back patio at the Cafecito Organico , having an iced coffee after my bike ride. & there's 2 funny dudes talking Breaking Bad & one of them is wearing an L.A. Bluegrass Situation t-shirt.
So when he stands up to leave, I say - hey love your shirt. We start talking about the festival & other festivals & naturally I mention that B&RK recorded a duet with Sara Watkins & he says, "well, that's my sister".
Holy cow! Super nice dude. Very friendly & chatty about the future of their festival.
Making plans to head out to their Watkins Family Hour at Largo

So thanks for being a good sport, Sean, that I didn't recognize you at first & hope to see you down the road a piece, as we say. It would've thrilled my dulcimer building fiddle/spoon/saw playing grandpa to his bones to hear there's a thriving Bluegrass fest. What fun to get connected with something I'm so excited about attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment