Monday, October 10, 2011

So damn good it made me swear..



Who knew the wonders you coud create with basically left over mashed potatoes? Well, I kinda did, because mom used to fry them up with some scrambled eggs (& onions & cheese or whatever happened to be around)
Thank heavens someone at The Best Fish Taco in Ensenada feels the same. Now I'm guessing they weren't really just left over mashed but it was essentially that, a little cilantro & a thick medium spicy chili sauce on a corn tortilla. And it was SO fucking delicious that I'm swearing for reals & not just like cartoon characters (F$%King) or the Brits (effing) per usual.
Seriously. Seriously. Tasty.
It's a limited menu. they do one thing. they do it well. The potatoes were a special today. Usually it's just the fish taco or a shrimp taco. Seriously. Sodas or homemade tea (jicama or tamarind) or horchata for a $1 to wash it down with. & a condiment bar to doctor things up, including Sessy's Salsa (info on the website), a great cabbage slaw & the family recipe relish. I was partial to the crema jicama.
As owner Joe says -"it's not a food, its a sensation".
This is a great spot & I will be back for more. They have a couple locations but Joe was working the counter in Los Feliz tonight so I made a new friend. Kinda want to get a few more of those potato tacos for breakfast tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment