Sunday, August 14, 2016

#IPODSHUFFLEGAME Day 2


Elliott BROOD - "Without Again"
(I swear on my life I'm using shuffle. I had even closed itunes & reopened. It just has really good taste)
Back in 2006, when you could make friends with a friend of a friend via myspace (I know!) and have it not be creepy, I did just that.
Trevor Weeks Photography took fantastic shots of Blackie and the Rodeo Kings & friends when they performed "We Shall Be Released" at the Glen Gould.



This set of head shots caught my eye and later he shared some of the behind the scenes & performance photos.




We became pals sharing stories about the show & in turn he pointed out that I could listen to the CBC on my computer radio & should check out 
Craig NorrisAmanda PutzVish Khanna & assorted other people and bands.
For sure these boys were one of the first (along with Wooden Sky, USW of Montreal, YSPYSD!) I have some great memories since then - listening to "Mountain Meadows" out by Trev's pool, a cheeky early evening swim with the Laforet brothers in Couchiching & Mark wondering why we didn't wake him up to join us. And seeing them live tons of times since in multiple states & countries & trading beers & baked goods.
They're a don't miss live show. Fantastic energy. Funny. Smart. Kind.
Can't say enough about how happy I am I told Trev he took good pictures all those years ago.
"Without Again" is always a highlight. It's a tune of theirs that I find myself randomly humming on a regular basis. One of my fav sets of lyrics they've written.

"His love went south, and he'll go west
A mountain song couldn't fill that hole in his chest"


this is from KEXP Seattle studio:

"Without Again"





Photos courtesy of Trevor Weeks Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment