Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Emmy snippets


 - I should warn you. I didn't see the Emmys last night so I'm catching up now.

 - 
Gilda. Jane. Larraine. Ann. Gail. Yvonne. Denny. Emily. Laurie. Christine. Robin. Mary. Julia. Pamela. Danitra. Joan. Nora. Jan. Victoria. Julia. Siobhan. Beth. Melanie. Ellen. Sarah. Laura. Janeane. Morwenna. Nancy. Cheri. Molly. Ana. Rachel. Tina. Maya. Amy. Kristen. Casey. Michaela. Abby. Jenny. Nasim. Vanessa. Cecily. Aidy. Sasheer. Nöel. Leslie. Melissa. Kate.
I'm thrilled at #KateMcKinnon's well deserved win at the #Emmys last night. It marks the 1st win by a female cast member since 1977.
That's a long 29 years. 
She earned it on her own merits but for sure stands on the shoulders of the amazing ladies who came before her & work with her now. They all, in some way, made the world a better funnier place. They are the history of women in comedy. All 50 of them.
#LadiesofSNL

- Charmian Carr news

 - Ben Mendelsohn win

 - 
Love that it's Sharon Horgan sitting behind Mark Burnett while he gets the scolding he deserves for Celebrity Apprentice. #crumpetmuncher

 - 
I'm not always a Kimmel fan (tho...he does frequent my favorite herb stand at the farmers market).
but "Transparent was born a drama but identifies it as a comedy" is a damn perfect joke.

 - I like this trend of one woman director winning up against 5 men. #aboutfuckintime

Dear Emmy
Please stop shoehorning religion & politics into the "In Memoriam" section. It's tacky & disrespectful.

 - 
I hadn't realized D.V. DeVincentis was one of the folk behind the OJ series. he's one of Cusack's old pals that did Grosse Pointe Blank & High Fidelity with him. almost makes me want to watch it (almost).
Sterling K. Brown showing you don't have to write it down to make it real. Honest, funny & from the heart. one of my faves. & bonus points for skipping out on the press to go & cheer for Courtney B. Vance's win.
also is anyone having more fun watching other people win than Pedro Pascal?
I didn't go because I thought you turkeys were trying to trick me again" - Amy Poehler. the woman the Emmys crapped on 8 times for "Parks & Rec" (7 acting. 1 writing).

- The Dowager's retort 

 - GoT party


 - What a treat for my pal Croucher to celebrate his years with #DowntonAbbey. sorry he didn't get to see the view from the stage but I can't begrudge #GoTthe well deserved win. Glad he had fun with his crew. and honestly? should've made the best dressed list:


Spiffy Croucher


 - So apparently the #Emmys liked the idea of entertaining the audience during commercial breaks. This is fabulous.
Uptown Funk - Stranger Things

No comments:

Post a Comment