Saturday, September 24, 2011

10 Reasons I ...


-Should stop making top 10 lists? Should not & never will use the expression 'gal pal' aloud. or in writing. unless i'm mocking something?
Suffice it to say this is 10 cool things about my getting ready to go out & then my first svisit to UCBTLA to see Seth & Ed's Puppet Show. That would be Seth Morris (aka -Uncle Ken) & Ed Helms (aka- well, geez what cave do you live in? It's Ed Helms)

!. Knowing you're heading out to a dry venue lends itself to some quality home 'tailgating'.
2. Dry venue is apparently relative because the people next to me were drinking Lite tall boys wrapped in paper bags.
3. I should plan better to have skype handy or schedule a chat when getting dressed since I don't really have a friend of the female persuasion handy here to offer advice. my twitter/FB had a lot of smoky eye liner & black undergarment chat for the average reader. So rare I'm that girly.
4. If you spend years & years going to very little in terms of entertainment beyond folk festivals & bars that will book Canuck Americana/alt-country type bands, then your whole wardrobe is only appropriate for those events.
5. Thankfully, I never leave home without my vintage 50's Baltimore blazer. It covers all forms of evil. & has lots of pockets:)
6. Watching 2 grown men make dirty jokes with puppets & trying to make each other giggle whilst hiding behind a swatch of crappy carpet is oddly hilarious & totally worth the trip. See picture below. (Seth is the Einstein & Ed is the troll-esque reject from some christian family puppet show)
7. Sometimes accidents are funnier that what was supposed to happen. One of the guest comics was a no-show so instead we got bonus Helms as John the Magician puppet. Dyn-o-mite!
8. This guy is super funny & may be channeling George Carlin a wee bit. or maybe it's just the beard....
9. Being around all the comedy in L.A. is going to be awesome. I've already had to make some tough choices (missing a huge event on Thursday because I already had Dan Mangan tickets.) But there's plenty more to be on the look out for
10. I got a thank you note this morning from Paul. Freakin'. Feig. you heard me. thank you, @paulfeig.

Anyhow, this list could get longer quickly & I'm not sure anyone is all that excited about my outing besides me but I loved it. Made a friend at the tea room next door. Figured out where Gelson's market is. Realized I really need to get a car so I can get to Largo. & that I haven't had enough coffee to be funny. But there you go. hope this picture of the puppet show works...
Ok apparently, it's going at the top of the page whether I like it or not.

...can't believe I left out the ipod addicted vampire that sat next to me. but that was sorta beyond explanation

No comments:

Post a Comment