Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ratatouille!!

the dish, not the movie, tho I do have an urge to watch it right now.
My very nice housemate, John, is in one of those deals where they bring a box of veggies to your house every week. We had squash, heirloom tomatoes & a beautiful eggplant. So on our Trader Joe's excursion we picked up some sweet onions, bell pepper & a little garlic. Toss in some parmesan cheese, a little sea salt & fresh ground pepper & basil from our own garden & we had little choice of what else to create.
I have to say, I'm a bit hit or miss with eggplant & cooked tomato but it turned out really well, if I do say so myself. I'm sure people have opinions about things we left out (some recipes called for mushrooms)

But a good sized serving for the two of us. When I do it again, I'll make sure I have some good sausage in the house for a protein with it but otherwise, perfection. See it here

Next up - what to do with a lot of dates...

No comments:

Post a Comment