Tuesday, July 5, 2016

#smoothietalk

Hack du jour.  Store had gorgeous yellow kiwi on sale this week. They're great because they're a bit less tart & fewer seeds. but they don't hold up long so I'm freezing them for smoothies.
The recommendation of parchment/baker's paper in between layers is great so you can remove just the amount you need.
What I had on hand was PaperChef cupcake papers, which are actually perfect. I wanted 1/2 kiwi portions. They'd hold a bit more but that was my serving choice as I'll mix them with other fruits in the smoothies.  And since I only had a couple kiwi I didn't have to waste a cookie sheet sized bit of paper.
Absolutely if you have space & quantity of fruit, the sheets would be worth it.
And yes, I've tagged that company on purpose.  I started using them when I moved to LA because the parchment sheets were regularly on sale at the local Gelsons & they work great. Read their sustainability policy for more information.  I use them for baking & also the sheets are great for roasting veg like brussell sprouts and cauliflower in the oven.
For sure will use for other fruit in the future. great way to control serving portions, calories, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment