Friday, January 6, 2017

21 Songs

Tons of folk I know should find this interesting - from working in music stores & love of different bands & music history & sources of songs. So many reasons. It's such a huge span of my adult life. I was 19 when the first tune on this list came out. 22 & working at Camelot, my 1st record store in '89 when the Danzig track was released. And in my 40's working for Borders in Chicago when that Dixie Chicks tune came out. 
I'm flooded with memories of the MTV era, which they talked about music & what folk like Tom Petty did with the form. the resurgence of artists like Queen & what the combination of RunDMC & Aerosmith opened up in rock & urban music.
How "Hurt" was Johnny Cash saying goodbye to us.
And how Rubin just knows great artists - legendary songs that will stay with us. Amazing to think of the journey these groups have been through in this time and all that has happened to us.
Thanks Lana, for sharing.


original post on FB, 13 Oct. 2016

Rick Rubin - My Life In 21 Songs

No comments:

Post a Comment