Friday, January 6, 2017

Kennedy Center Honors

AKA - the snark I posted. Enjoy it while it lasts. Good chance I won't watch for a few years.


 - Catching up with the Kennedy Center Honors from last night. you've been warned. starting with -
TREVOR NOAH!!!!!! up in the box of honor, seated right behind FLOTUS & POTUS!!!. holy smokes. you've come a long way, kiddo


I loathe the new format. It completely interrupts the flow of the documentary portions & live music, lacking any coherant connection.
Seriously bad choice.

 - Le Sklar!!!!!

Mavis' date is Jeff Tweedy:)

is there a chance they'll be willing to hold the Kennedy Center Honors without inviting the President for a few years?

Don Cheadle singing along to "Hotel California" is so very Cowboy Buck.

Bob Seger!
not excited because I love him (I do not much at all)
it's just making me laugh 'cos I saw Don Henley play at the Palace.
Bob insisted on singing "Old Time Rock & Roll" & Don wouldn't even stay & play drums. we could see him standing just off stage, arms crossed. not thrilled.
Bob did that with lots of bands. it was fun when Billy Joel played piano along

-  Not their strongest event.

I think Darius Rucker was maybe the strongest choice & it's quite fun he got to sing "Carolina In My Mind"

No comments:

Post a Comment